Kansas Manufacturers have made their voices heard.
Over the past 12 months, Kansas manufacturers have had to face numberous challenges. Kansas Manufacturing Solutions wanted to understand how manufacturers have been impacted.
KMS conducted a statewide needs assessment to better understand the needs, challenges, and opportunities of manufacturers in Kansas. The needs assessment period was June 24 - July 29th.
In October the results of the needs assessment will be distributed to the participating manufacturers, Kansas state and federal legislative officials, and manufacturing influencers which includes economic development organizations. If your county had more than 5 manufacturers participate in the needs assessment, you can have a report developed just for your county. The list of counties who met this criteria are listed at the bottom of this webpage.
The topics for the needs assessment were:
- Current Issues (including COVID-19)
Structure for the needs assesment was:
- Responses were anonymous and confidential.
- The questionnaire was administered by the National Business Research Institute, a third-party organization.
- We could not link survey responses to actual companies or individuals.
- The overall results of the survey will be shared in summary only. Individual responses will not be reported in any way.
Participating in this questionnaire provided manufacturers the chance to make a real impact on how key stakeholders in manufacturing make decisions in the future.
We look forward to partnering with KEDA members for the second annual state-wide Kansas Manufacturing Industry Questionnaire in 2021!
Kansas counties who had participation by 5 or more manufacturers: