Monday, July 13, 2020 - 8:00am to Friday, July 17, 2020 - 12:30pm
Kansas Manufacturing Solutions' partner Nebraska MEP and the Food Processing Center are hosting a free online FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food course.
The purpose of this 5-day virtual workshop is to provide FDA-approved training for food companies. The Nebraska MEP and The Food Processing Center in partnership with Missouri Enterprise and Kansas Manufacturing Solutions through the Food Safety in the Heartland grant offers this $600 workshop at no charge through grant-funding provided by NIST, to assist companies in understanding and complying with the Preventive Controls for Human Food regulations.
Purpose of Class:
On August 30, 2015, the FDA published final rules for implementing regulations in the area of preventive controls for human food. Companies manufacturing human food must be in compliance by the following dates:
Schedule: July 13 - 17
Monday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm CST
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm CST
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm CST
Thursday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm CST
Friday: 8:00 am – 11:00 pm CST
How to Register:
This class has extremely limited capacity. Registrations are on a first come, first serve basis.
Participants will register for the course by contacting Bismarck Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Jill Gifford at email@example.com. Once the workshop registration availability has been confirmed, students will receive instructions to register.
Participants must have video and audio capability and connectivity to Zoom during all days of the course. After the participant is registered, Zoom links to join the course will be emailed (including a password to log in).
Equipment Required to Connect to the 5-Day Virtual Course The following connection equipment (plus a table/desk for reading the textbook) will be needed to ensure the virtual course can be effectively delivered. Below is a SELF-CHECKLIST to ensure you are prepared to attend the course.
- Stable Internet connection, capable of streaming video and audio. Test your internet connection here (required speed: minimum 8 Mbps)
- I have checked my internet connection and it is stable. Yes No
- Webcam Participants must be present (visually present) with your webcam throughout the course so instructors can engage effectively with the group during the lecture sessions.
- I have a functioning webcam. Yes No
- Microphone and (optional) headphones. A video and audio check-in will be conducted 10 minutes before beginning each day of lectures.
- I have a functioning microphone and audio. Yes No
- Zoom add-in The Zoom Conferencing Platform is used for the course. Please download and install the free Zoom (Client for Meetings) on your computer before the first day of the workshop.
- I have installed Zoom (Client for Meetings) on my computer. Yes No
If you have answered “No” to any of the requirements listed above, you will NOT be able to attend the Virtual Course. You will need to correct these issues before you can register.
Connection on the Days set for the Virtual Course On each day of the Virtual course, it is requested that you log in 20 minutes before the start time to ensure there are no delays.
During the 5-day workshop, you will listen to lectures, read the chapters, and discuss the content with the instructor and fellow participants.
After completing the workshop, you will receive a mailed copy of your Certificate of Training signed by Food Safety Preventive Control Alliance. The participant should keep the digital copy and share it with their employer (If necessary). The certificate is good for life, and there is no requirement to renew it.
Group activities and Exercises Instructors will present lectures that cover 16 Chapters in agreement with the Food Safety Preventive Control Alliance. In general, students will be required to complete group exercises that will allow them to apply the knowledge learned. Participants have 30 minutes to complete exercises, and contribution is required and monitored by the instructors at this time. This discussion will happen via ZOOM.
Textbook: After registering for the course, a textbook and a working book will be delivered using USPS. FSPCA Human Food Participant Manual V1.2.