Answers to Your 3 Top Questions About Facemasks in the Workplace - Read
KMS has a limited number of DTYF! resuable, washable fabric facemasks manufactured by Kansas City, KS company, Knit-Rite. KMS can provide up to 20 masks to Kansas manufacturers company at no cost, while supplies last. Send contact and shipping information to firstname.lastname@example.org
We at KMS are completely focused on finding ways to help our manufacturers stay strong, and while we are not experts in some of the topics below, we know the right people and are ready to make the time to help you figure out next steps. Please don’t hesitate to reach out.
With the global spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019), the constant flow of information can be daunting to businesses. KMS is providing this single source for key links and resources to help small and medium-sized manufacturers plan, prepare, protect, and recover their operations. We are updating the content below as new information becomes available.
Optimizing for Your Future State
In the span of two months, the coronavirus pandemic has caused massive changes for the manufacturing industry. In an effort to provide extended support of small & mid-sized manufacturers, KMS will be providing resources to help you determine what your future state looks like.
- RETURN TO WORK AND RECOVERY GUIDE (KMS)
Protecting Your Workforce
As concerns about COVID-19 continue to rise, many employers are left wondering what they can do to protect their workforce. In order to help employers plan and respond to COVID-19, the CDC has issued interim guidance.
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Stimulus (CARES) Act
- CARES ACT Q/A (3.26.20. NAM)
- CARES ACT: EMPLOYEE RETENTION CREDIT FAQS (3.31.20. Senate Committee on Finance)
- KMS WEBINAR REPLAY - CARES ACT (4.3.20. KMS)
- SMALL BUSINESS OWNER'S GUIDE TO THE CARES ACT (US Senate Small Business Committee)
PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM INFORMATION (Various Sources. Updated 5.13.20)
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- FFCRA FROM DEPARTMENT OF LABOR (DOL)
- FFCRA Q/A FROM DEPARTMENT OF LABOR (DOL)
- KMS WEBINAR REPLAY-COVID-19 in the Workplace and Families First Coronavirus Response Act (3.26.20. KMS)
- FFCRA POSTER - MUST BE DISPLAYED IN CONSPICUOUS PLACE (by 4.1.20. Updated version)(DOL)
Small Business Loans
- PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM INFORMATION (Various Sources)
- SBA LOANS AND DEBT RELIEF OPTIONS (SBA contact number and email listed)
- CURRENT AREA SUPPLIERS OF COVID-19 CRITICAL ITEMS In parternship with BioKansas, this link takes you to a list of regional companies that are currently taking orders for critical supplies.
- MANUFACTURING CAPABILITIES & CRITICAL SUPPLIES (And Exportation Restriction Guidance) (Various Sources)
- STATE OF KANSAS PROCUREMENT FORM FOR CRITICAL SUPPLIES (Kansas.gov)
Employers in Critical Industries Should Submit Information About Openings with Urgent Hiring Needs Related to COVID19
- STATE OF KANSAS COVID-19 JOBS AND HIRING PORTAL (Kansas.gov)
- PROTECTING YOUR BUSINESS FROM COVID-19 (KMS)
- KMS / CIRAS - SUPPLY DISRUPTION PLANNING CHECKLIST (KMS and CIRAS)
- KMS CRISIS MANAGEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS (KMS and IMEC)
- CREATING AN INFECTIOUS DISEASE OUTBREAK RESPONSE PLAN (KMS and CDC)
- PRODUCTION OF CRITICAL SUPPLIES SURVEY (Can you assist by manufacturing critically needed supplies? Fill out this Critical Supplies Survey from ASMC to be added to a list provided to the White House COVID-19 Taskforce Manufacturing Committee)
- Bulletin about insurance related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Coverage from the Kansas Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
- Additional Resources from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
The CDC has provided this interim guidance for businesses and employers to help plan and respond to COVID-19.
- What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) (CDC)
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers (CDC. Updated 3.21.20)
They have provided information on how COVID-19 spreads, its symptoms, prevention and treatment, what to do if you are sick and more. See the links below for select sections.
- Latest Updates from the CDC (CDC)
- How COVID-19 Spreads (CDC)
- Prevention and Treatment (CDC)
- What to Do if You Are Sick (CDC)
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations (CDC. Updated 4.1.20)
- COVID-19 Information for Travelers (CDC)
- Preventing Spread in Communities (CDC)
- Sign up for CDC Email Updates (CDC)
Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Kansas Department of Health (KDHE) and Environment Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Frequently Asked Questions
- Kansas Coronavirus Case Summary and Map (KDHE)
The World Health Organization (WHO)
- Basic Protective Measures Against COVID-19 (WHO)
- Getting Your Workplace Ready for COVID-19 (WHO. Updated 3.19.20)
- Phishing Emails & Scam Alert (WHO)
- Myth Busters (WHO)
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Resources